Monday 24 November 2014

The Lip Balm Edit

Do any of you, like me, suffer from hideously dry and chapped lips ALL YEAR ROUND? Grrhhh
I can never find the best product for me, that will help alleviate this problem for the rest of my days, however I have come across some goodish ones and some completes waste of money and time…let me list for you below:

Mac Lip Conditioner (£11.50): I bought the limited edition one form their Marilyn Monroe range a few seasons ago and even though it’s been a while it’s still going strong. Very creamy, highly moisturising -clues in the title really and smells delicious, like vanilla.



Mac Prep & Prime Lip (£13.00): Designed to be used as a primer for lipstick, I find its more of a dry balm you can apply to create a smooth base for your lipstick. Isn't anything amazing and if you didn't apply you wouldn't be bereft without it…



Lush Lip Scrub, Mint Chocolate (£5.50): This is amazing; words cannot describe my love for this. I’ve been told that this is a fad and that an old toothbrush brushed over the lips can do same trick but really? I don’t have the habit of collecting old toothbrushes and they are only used for one thing, in my opinion.
Anyway, to use you rub on the lips from which it can then be eaten and the Lush lady actually ate it whilst demonstrating, each to their own I suppose. However I wash it off, can’t quite understand why you’d want to lick off your own chapped skin off??? However the end results are amazing and you’re left with smooth, silky lips…the dream!


Nuxe Rev De Miel Lip Balm (£9.50): This product gets a lot of positivity; it comes in a little 15ml screw top, matte glass tub, very cute. The balm itself is of a light brown, orangey colour and it smells divine. However I find it is too dry for me; it literally just sits on the lips and creates this layer on my lips. I don’t need that thank you; I find I have to use this product after exfoliating for it to work to its full potential otherwise on its own it does nothing for my lips, if they’re dry.


Jo Malone Vitamin E Lip Conditioner (£23.00): Being from JM I assumed the product would at least be fragranced, but instead it smells of something a pharmacist would dispense at a chemist. Not impressed. Like the Rev De Miel I feel it just does the bog standard job at protecting my lips and nothing else, perhaps a Body Shop cheaper version would do the same, however I won’t be repurchasing and wasn't too bowled over.


Anyway to conclude, I’ve found the best combo for me is to exfoliate my lips with Lush’s Lip scrub and then to immediately follow this up with Nuxe Rev De Miel as I find my Mac Lip Conditioner is more of a day, keep in bag, product as oppose to night time treatment.

Let me know your thoughts guys….


Animas x

No comments:

Post a Comment