Saturday 22 November 2014

My thoughts on the Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate Duo

Hi guys

Today I will be reviewing the Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate cream  duo. 
The fact that I have dry skin and this is a cream based product is absolutely fantastic for me as it sits well on my face doesn't move, doesn't dry out. The product applies really easily and blends well. 
I also bought the TF Shade and Illuminate makeup brush that is used with this duo however I found that for my little face it was perhaps a little too wide and it just made me look like I had a huge splodge of product under my cheekbones when contouring (awkward times) so I use my Real Techniques foundation brush to apply and buff it in with an RT Buffing Brush. 
So yes people, unlike me please don't get wooed by the brand and buy the brushes to go with the makeup!!!
I use a whole host of brushes but at the moment RT are quite simply amazing. Easy to clean, no fall out hairs and make application so easy! Oh and did I mention they are a drugstore brand so very very affordable.

Anyway back to the Duo - as I said the philosophy in using the duo is that you use the same TF brush to contour, you then wipe on tissue and use same brush in the highlight shade and highlight your upper cheekbones. I was shown this in store and didn't realise that when done at home you simply don't have the time to faff (working woman!) around cleaning brushes and so I have a not so clean highlighter now which I don't use too often.

As contradictory as this will sound, I'm not a big fan of the highlighter, I prefer powder highlighters they just feel like you haven't got an extra layer on around that part of your skin and this highlight makes me feel that way, matter of opinion I guess folks.

The contour part of the duo is however amazing. I bought the lighter shade as I wanted to use it as a daily contour as oppose to 'night out' full on contour. However it is buildable so you can do that also. I would repurchase this product simply for this part of the duo as it gives me a lovely shadow under my cheekbones and it stays in place all day! Even on top of my liquid foundation.

So all in all, the product is hit and miss and for the price point (£56.00) you really do want to be very sure you want to buy it. Unless you get someone to buy it for Christmas haha. 

It is a luxury product and that is clear from the beautiful packaging which makes the TF brand stand out especially. I am always drawn to this counter as it just screams quality and class! Oh and did I mention it comes with a fairly decent sized mirror too so you can touch up on the go!

Let me know your thoughts in the comments box below and whether you feel the same or otherwise...

See you soon

Animas x



No comments:

Post a Comment