Monday 24 November 2014

Asian Weddings...


Hello morning of wedding reception. As I sit here attempting to get ready for this shindig I sometimes wonder, why am I even bothering to go? I feel like such a wallflower at these things...

Seriously these days you have to paint yourself with makeup to fit in...what happened to lightening up? Going for the subtle, natural look...give us working women a much needed break instead of making us feel even more inadequate or otherwise lacking in the skill to achieve the plastered look.

Why do these women take it too far??? The furthest I'll take it is two pumps of my foundation which gives me a full coverage look...but that won't do, you need excess eye makeup, blusher and lipstick....Francois Nars eat your heart out mate! There are no rules! Ha! There are in this circle.

Then there's the outfit, oh lord, having to iron anything on a weekend when all you want to do is lounge in your pyjamas (unironed) and watch trashy TV you can't! as it's so and sos wedding, we must attend. Therefore outfit must be pristine I.e ironed and accessories must match...

What a drone fest, people spend way too much time critiquing the food at a wedding and the brides outfit to care what the guests are wearing...

So my message to any of you girls out there is, be yourself! We are giving our time to these people, time that can be valuably spent elsewhere so they can bloody well appreciate us being there at all...

High five 🙌

Animas x

a photo of me at one such occasion...



No comments:

Post a Comment