Wednesday 26 November 2014

Hunt for my Holy Grail Foundation - Part Two…

Hi again everyone

To continue my journey, I was once again lured by heavy brand marketing and ended up getting the YSL Youth Liberator Foundation (£32.40) as a birthday gift. Firstly, this doesn't come in many shades unless this has changed since I bought earlier this year and secondly, it’s fragranced!!! For someone with sensitive skin buying this was probably not the wisest of moves…Naturally I broke out in spots *ergh* and the coverage was light to medium and not quite the dewy finish I look for in foundations. Sometimes fashion houses should probably stick to what they know best really…

So this foundation has been filed away in the foundation archives to be pulled out in desperate times. This means I was once again on the hunt. A visit to the Chanel counter at House of Fraser lead me to buy Chanel’s Vitalumiere Foundation (£29.70).

Although I like this, I find the colour to be a little too dark for me and the lighter colour was too light!!! I also find it doesn't blend well, as even after buffing in for a few minutes it just sits on the skin and can literally be wiped off….grhhh I also find it transfers quite a bit but only when you've touched your face and you’ll see it all over pieces of paper/clothes etc…

Another horror on the transfer front was Nars Sheer Glow Foundation (£35.00 with pump) in Tahoe/Syracuse/Barcelona -  yes I tried nearly every shade in my colour range and still didn't get anywhere near! Also I am totally against having to buy a powder to set my foundation, why should you? Perhaps it shouldn't transfer to the extent where you have to?! This is what I found with this foundation a lot…

Another major downer with this is you have buy the pump separately or risk spilling liquid foundation all over your furniture, hate that! Money making exercise or what!
So to conclude I probably will go back to my Mac foundation when the Chanel one finishes, but happy to hear any recommendations….

See you soon


Animas x

No comments:

Post a Comment