Tuesday 6 January 2015

*Review* Ellis Faas Hot Lips in L407

Hey folks

I have been dying to try these beauties for ages! I made two unsuccessful trips to London to check these babies out in person but alas I was left bereft.

Me second trip actually was quite funny - I walked into Libertys and asked where the Elli Saab counter was instead of the Ellis Faas one -DUHHHHHH! By the time I realised my error, I was on a train back home :(

Anyway I decided I couldn't wait for another visit to London to swatch the colours and jumped online to buy them from Beauty Bay. What intrigued me the most about these was the packaging and application technique of the product - unlike a normal lipstick casing it comes cased in a silver pen like format with a bullet shaped head which is awesome!!!




After doing some research I found that there were a few different ranges depending on where you are in the world. Creamy lips, hot lips and milky lips.

I bought a lipstick from the Hot Lips range, namely L407 in Deep Pink. The colour is beautiful - a truer than true pink shade and will be amazing for the summer. Dries to in my opinion, a semi matte finish and is extremely pigmented. See swatch below...



I also love how you have to twist the pen from the bottom and it makes a clicking sound much like a highlighter one when dispensing product!!! 

Retailing at between £20.00 - £23.00 depending on where you shop it's not cheap. A lot of work has clearly gone into the packaging and research behind the product. 

If any of you are lipstick junkies like me then you absolutely NEED one or even three of these in your life - I will be purchasing more colours maybe in the more nuder tones and am genuinely impressed with the colour pay off. 



Have you used these?? Let me know what you think.

Talk soon

S x



No comments:

Post a Comment