Saturday 17 January 2015

Burberry Lipstick Edit

Hey guys

Today's post is all about Burberry Beauty. Inparticularly, Burberry Lipsticks!!! 

I have a colour from all the different ranges  apart from the Lip Glow range as I'm not a major lip gloss fan tbh. I can easily say they are beyond fantastic. I love the colours, the formulas and the long lasting power!!

Burberry have four different formulas: 

1. Lip Velvets - these are basically matte lipsticks - across the board all Burberry lipsticks have an amazing scent to them and the Velvets really do embody that. They apply really smoothly and I have no issue (even on my charred lips) of applying. Some formulas can really drag on the lips but these beauties are not in that category.

I have two shades in this category - Rose Pink No. 307 and Peony Rose No.302. Both shades are as the names suggest a shade of pink - beautiful colours I can't get enough of them. I very rarely feel the need to reapply once these are sealed on my lips!!



2. Lip Mist - these are lipsticks which apply very sheer. The colour I have make my lips look a little grey, so I apply it as a highlight as oppose to a full lip colour. These don't apply opaquely, so you do need to apply a good few coats to get a decent colour pay off. But then again, they're mists so how much opacity do you want people??!!



3. Lip Cover - now these lipsticks are your moisturising lipsticks, so uber hydrating and extremely shiny, not gloss like, but you get the opacity you would from a matte lipstick. I love the colour I have of this, it is Primrose Hill Pink No.30, a beautiful orangey pink.



4. Lip Glow - I haven't tried these but if I was to judge them based on the other ones I have tried I'd give it a go!

Priced at £22.50 they are a luxury buy but again I would highly recommend, depending on what formula suits you best. My favourite being the Lip Covers and Lip Velvets.

What I really like about the Burberry range of lipsticks is that every range has a different lipstick case. The Lip Velvets have a matt case, the Lip Mist has a gold shiny case and the Lip Cover a dark grey shiny case. So the formula is easily identifiable without Loki g at the bottom of the lipstick, as I find myself doing, quite regularly, with my Mac lipsticks!!!



Below is a swatch of all the lipsticks on my arm - starting from the wrist downward:

1. Lip Velvet Rose Pink No. 307
2. Lip Mist Trench Kiss No.216
3. Lip Cover Primrose Hill Pink No.30
4.Lip Velvet Peony Rose



I'll see you soon in my next blog!

Happy reading

X

2 comments:

  1. Really helpful...I'm glad you commented on the moisture content of each lipstick as I do have a problem with dry lips xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the range is pretty diverse, so caters to all your lip needs xxx

      Delete