Sunday 1 February 2015

*Drugstore Dupes* - Kiko EyeShadow Sticks

Hi guys

It's been less than a year I think, since I first discovered this brand. It may have been when my sister hauled me into the Oxford Street store one time in London, gushing about the bronzers etc etc etc...

I did buy a bronzer that day, and fell in love. Ever since I was happy to hear a store opened more closer to home 💃. Recently I visited and purchased a few of the eye shadow sticks, having heard a few rave reviews I thought I'd try them out for myself and see what the fuss was about. My god were the reviewers right. These are amazing!!! 

I bought three colours, numbers 37 (Burgundy), 38 (Golden Taupe) and 44 (Ocean Blue) -



The colours look terrifying in the tube but apply and look really natural on the lids. I wear them as part of my everyday makeup routine and have received many compliments, especially when wearing the reddish brown shade.


The lighting in the picture doesn't do the colours justice but do go ahead and check out the website for swatches - www.kikocosmetics.co.uk

These are a great dupe for the ByTerry Ombré Blackstar shadows if you're looking for a lower price point product - I bought these for £4.80 each which I believe was the sale price, but these RRP for £6.80 which is a steal compared to the £29.00 each for the ByTerry sticks. However, to give credit where credits due - the ByTerry ones are more shimmery with glittery specks as oppose to these, which appear matt on application.

Kiko claim that the sticks have a long lasting 8 hour sticking power, and I have to agree - the shadow is still on my lids unless I rub it off myself and so buttery  as a result. The formula is so blendable once on the lids and doesn't set at all which means you have more time to blend away and play around.

Eyeshadow sticks are a quick and easy way to get a wash of colour on the lids without making a huge effort with powder/cream shadows and brushes, it literally takes one or two swipes and a bit of blending with your fingers and you're good to go! These also act as a great base for other powdery eyeshadows!

I will definitely be buying more shades when I next pop into my local store, the shade range was quite extensive and a poor friend of mine was getting quite irate at having to wait whilst I swatched away!

See you soon people xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment