Sunday 8 February 2015

*Review* Nars Dual-Intensity Eye Shadow Palette

Hi guys

I have been testing the Nars Dual-Intensity Eye Shadow Palette for a couple of weeks now. I was so so so excited when I heard Nars were releasing a palette because, and a few of you may agree with me on this, I hate buying single eye shadows, they hardly get used and you have to pair them up with other shadows. When with a palette most of the work is done for you!!

In this gorgeous palette come 8 shades all of which can be purchased in the single form, apart from the matt brown which is unique to the palette The shades are highly pigmented and apply wet or dry which gives you 16 eye shadows!!! 




The colours and contents are as follows:

Europa - Gossamer Pink Peach
Himalia - Shimmering Topaz
Ursa Major - Chocolate Glaze
Subra - Black Orchid
Andromeda - Alabaster
Lysithea - Shark Grey
Giove - Navy
Sycorax - Black
#49 Wet / Dry Eyeshadow Brush

The palette has a mirror whereas normally, the lid is the signature Nars matt packaging which we all know and love, however I find it quite cool and quirky.



The palette retails at £45.00 and is limited edition, so get your hands on it now! Or miss out as it is a steal considering one dual-intensity eye shadow costs £21.00 👀

What I also love is that it comes with a brush too!! Having used it, I would personally only use it wet when tapping the pigment on my lids as it isn't too great at blending personally, what could beat a 217??!!

Also having had the shadows on for a period of at least 12 hours I can endorse them for long lastingness!! Is that even a word??! But the colour doesn't budge once on, I normally use a primer as my lids are disgustingly oily, but it's worth a shout out - Urban Decays Primer Potion love ya - so the shadows with primer do not move until removed.

Nars have done a few tutorials on the palette and they're deck worth a watch - link down below for one of my favs

http://youtu.be/po7njs-pwEk

Let me know if you have this, and what shade is your fav???

S x

5 comments:

  1. "Long lastingness" is technically a word but it sounds very clunky; you should use 'longevity' instead.
    I'd be very interested in seeing you in a tutorial video. What would you do it on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try a homemade honey and lemon juice mask for your oily skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello - havent thought too far in the future about launching mysely on YouTube. I havent the necessary skills or expertise im afraid, but thanks for your suggestion.

      Re the mask - thanks for the tip. Usually i suffer from dry skin and oily eye lids. Weird i know.

      Delete
  3. I want to try this :) Great post!

    Senay x

    http://pretty-little-things-xo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You defo need to. Gorgeous intense colour. Love it!!

      Delete